Tuesday 26 March 2013

Rainbow Journal

So someone asked if anyone knows what a Rainbow Journal is as it continually popped up on self help websites...

Well, yes I DO know what it is. In fact, I have finished 4 in the last 10 years!!!

I am now onto my 5th and it's nearly time to order another!!
they're £8 and can be bought from Bristol Crisis Service for Women

i've used these journals for over 10 years

...whats it like?....
...so theyre good then?...

Yes, they're fab for me -some pages have pictures drawn by self-harmers, some have empty pages where you can draw, some have lines for you to write plus there's a "how am i doing" scale every so often where you think about if you're taking care of you etc...
i couldn't be without mine
i possibly wouldn't be... (bit of a scary thought there!...i never really gave much thought as to how much i'd used it and how useful it had been!!)

maybe might'n've made it thus far -helped me feel less alone as a teen and made me much more able to express feelings and thoughts i would have otherwise kept bottled up as they were things  i felt i couldn't share with anyone...

and at uni...it was like a place where i could have a secret code and even if anyone found it it wouldn't have been readable!!ha!


Now i've learned to make even better use of it -i write smaller, draw more than one pic per space etc...



I love mine!!

Like I said -wouldn't be without it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment